Tuesday, February 26, 2008

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

I NEEDED Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Anther day in paradise here. The kids and I are stuck in the house for two reasons. The hubby has the car (his Jeep ended up in a ditch and is getting fixed...long story), and it's totally miserable outside here in the 'Burgh. Started as snow last night, and now has been rain all day. It's a big slushy mess. I have to say that I watched Throwdown with Bobby Flay the other day and this episode about chocolate chip cookies on Saturday. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies since. REAL chocolate chip cookies. Now, the hubby stopped at the grocery store yesterday and picked me up some Peppridge Farms Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies, but it just didn't satisfy the craving. So, the girls and I made these today:

They were exactly what I needed. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside...yummy. I felt like such a grown up because I actually had all of the ingredients that I needed in the house. The recipe is the one on the back of the Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chips. I would have liked walnuts, but I was over ruled by a 2 year old and a 4 year old.

Anyway, here's the recipe, if you're interested:

HERSHEY'S Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts(optional)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.

2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.


No comments: