Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the season finale of True Blood. But now I can't wait until summer. Not just for the next installment, but because I'm about sick of the cold already. But I digress...
You know, I've been thinking about some of my friends who are about to become parents for the first time. I just thought I'd post some of my thoughts about how it might change their lives. First, the good ('cuz I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of gal)
- You can't even imagine the feeling of all that love. It's overwhelming.
- You always have somebody to cuddle with
- You get to play with toys again
- When they're an infant and you have them in the grocery store, you can have a conversation with yourself and it looks like you're talking to your baby.
- You get to buy cute little clothes
- You don't get bored anymore
- You will never (especially if you are the MOM) have privacy again. Ever. Unless you leave the house and go and hide in your car.
- You won't get nearly as much sleep as you're used to. Ever. My kids are 3 1/2 and 5 1/2. I still don't sleep, and I don't have insomnia or anything like that. But, the silver lining is that you get used to functioning on less sleep. You just get a little more 'dingy.'
- Your house will never be as clean as you want it to be. Ever. I could spend hours cleaning, and it would just get messed up right behind me.
So, on a lighter note, I was using stumbleupon the other night, and I came across this site. And it really made me giggle. Here's the page (and I did pay the game, and did pretty well)