Friday, January 9, 2009

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

I Was Craving Some Brain Candy!

Well, I feel a little better now. Last night (after falling asleep with Becca in her room) I watched a new episode of 30 Rock that got DVR-ed (OK, I'm not sure if that's a word, but I'm going with it). It's been a few weeks since I watched some new television. I'm surprised how much I missed the little escape it brings me from the millions of thoughts bouncing around in my head.

I really don't watch too much tv. I'll watch True Blood when it comes back (I think in the Summer). I watch How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory on Monday nights and The Office and 30 Rock on Thursdays. If I happen to watch live, I'll get up and clean while the commercials are on. And I'm usually doing something on the laptop at the same time.

On to other things, Becca is going to a little cheer leading camp tomorrow. It's a fundraiser for the High School cheerleaders. They take kids K-5 (K and First in the A.M. and 2-5 in the afternoon) teach them a cheer and give them a t shirt. Then they get to perform their cheer all together at a basketball game this week. For $30, I thought she would have some fun. I'm interested to see how it all goes.

Oh, and to get back to some boring, serious, political stuff...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that a judge told Dan Onorato that he couldn't use the money from the drink tax for anything other than mass transit. Finally, Score one for the restaurant owners! Of course, he's going to be a big ol' weenie about lowering it down below 7%. Which irks me. He just can't seem to be a big enough person to just admit that he screwed up and fix it. In fact, if he did just admit to his screw up and fix it, he may win back some votes later on down the road. But because of his pride (or male ego, or stubbornness...whatever) he won't. So now his budget is screwed, and it looks something like this:

ROCK DAN ONORATO HARD PLACE


Well, enjoy the snow that they're calling for this weekend! If you live in Pittsburgh, I'm sure you already made your mad dash for your milk and bread 'cuz you'll be stuck in your house for a whole whopping 24 hours.

No comments: