Saturday, March 14, 2009

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Happy Steak and BJ Day

Yup, that's what today is. Steak and BJ day. You can learn more about it at their website www.steakandbjday.com/ To sum it up, it's the male version of Valentine's Day.

Here in Pittsburgh, it also happens to be Parade Day. This is the day, in the past (and I'm stressing IN THE PAST, because it's different now), that I would find my husband the most inebriated. He's Irish. Plain and simple. They would start with beer and donuts at 8:00, head to the parade, then take the bus back into Carnegie. Carnegie was a mecca for Parade Day Partiers. Lots of bars, one of them being an Irish Pub. And we lived in Carnegie. It was the perfect storm.

Me? I've never been to the parade. I'm not much for a) being out in the cold - and it's usually cold on parade day and b) large crowds of drunken people. I just don't have the patience.

So, Steak and BJ day combined with Parade Day? That's drinking, hanging out with buddies, steak and a blow job. That's the perfect day for most guys I know. Now my guy? He won't be going to the parade this year. He'll be working at Downey's House, keeping the fun going. He will get to hang out with his buddies a bit, but he won't be drinking. As for the steak and BJ? He might eat a steak at the restaurant.

But he doesn't get home until 4:00 in the morning. That's when I'm sleeping.

Sorry, babe.

3 comments:

MrsEvilGenius said...

Yep, mine is still due his blow job, poor lamb.

By the time he got home from work and I got al the kids fed, bathed, and in bed, well ... I pretty much crashed.

But that's the good thing about BJs - the anticipation is part of the fun. ;)

Becky Fyfe said...

LOL! I haven't even informed my dh of what day today is. I don't think it counts in the UK anyway. :)

BrainLint said...

You can't get off that easy (HA! I guess that pun WAS intended!). I think it's an INTERNATIONAL holiday!