Tuesday, February 10, 2009

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Suze Orman Can Kiss My Arse

A few weeks ago I saw Suze Orman on Oprah. Of course, I was watching the repeat from earlier in the day. Usually it's on at 4:00 - right when we get home from the bus stop. I was watching it at 2:00 am. Why wasn't I sleeping? I can't really remember, but I digress...

Good ol' Suze was dishing her regular financial advice. Before I saw this segment on Oprah, she already annoyed me. I'm not quite sure what it is about her, but I just get that feeling that I want to either a) punch her right in the face or 2) embarrass the crap out of her. On this particular Oprah show, she was talking about dealing with the crappy economy. Saving your cash. Watch your spending. Blah, blah, blah. I was just about to doze off when she said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "You know what I'd like everybody to do. For one month, don't go out to eat at restaurants."

Bitch, please.

If I had been in the audience I would have stood up and said those exact words. Does she realize what she just said? Thousands of small business owners' jaws just dropped open. Waiters, waitresses, bartenders and cooks everywhere probably had much more vulgar things to say than me. (Have you ever hung out in a kitchen?) Just who in the hell does she think she is? There are plenty of people around who work in restaurants. As stated in this blog post I read recently the food service industry is the third largest employer.

I wonder if Suze stopped going to restaurants.

I'll bet you somebody, somewhere wouldn't be very nice to her food.

Just sayin'

So, stuff it Suze. Didn't you used to work in a restaurant? All these people losing their jobs? Wanna know where they're going to look for a job? A restaurant.

I need to stop now.

/rant

1 comment:

Fun T-shirts said...

wow, I'll bet she's had an earful since she said that!